Are you planning to have a wedding in Anguilla? Weddings on Anguilla are a very popular event. The Cap Juluca wedding planner can help you with all aspects of your wedding needs. Below are the regulations to know up front.
Regulations for Getting Married in Anquilla:
- Couples wishing to marry on the island should obtain a license application from the Judicial Department, open weekdays between 8.30am and 4pm.
- Both parties must present proof of identity (valid passport, birth certificate etc).
- If divorced, the original decree must be presented.
- If widowed, a copy of the deceased spouse’s death certificate must be presented.
- A Marriage License must be purchased at a cost of US $284 (including stamp duty) if one partner has been on the island for less than 15 days, or US $40 if the stay is longer. At least 48 hours is required to process the license application.
- Two witnesses must be present during the wedding ceremony.
Additional requirements for a wedding in a Catholic Church:
Freedom to Marry papers
Pre Cana course
3-6 months advance notice